Template:Series InfoboxAho-Girl (アホガール Aho Gāru, lit. "Idiot Girl") is a Japanese four-panel slice-of-life comedy manga series written and illustrated by Hiroyuki. It was originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Magazine on November 28, 2012, and then moved to Bessatsu Shonen Magazine where it was serialized between July 2015 and December 2017. Twelve compilation volumes by Kodansha have been released, and an anime television series adaptation by Diomedéa aired between July and September 2017.
The story follows the everyday life of high school girl Yoshiko Hanabatake. True to the title, she is known to be exceptionally stupid academically as well as socially. She constantly hangs out with and annoys her studious and serious neighbor/childhood friend Akuru Akutsu, whom Yoshiko's mother wants her to marry. Yoshiko becomes friends with the level-headed Sayaka Sumino, who, along with Akuru, try to keep Yoshiko in check. Fuki Iincho, the Disciplinary Committee President, dislikes the free-spirited Yoshiko but when Akuru makes some casual remarks that compliment her, the chairwoman falls in love with Akuru and begins stalking him while repressing her perverted thoughts.
- Yoshiko Hanabatake (花畑 よしこ Hanabatake Yoshiko) - Voiced by: Aoi Yūki
- The title character of the story is a mischievous, cheerful high school girl who is stupid both academically and socially: she even gets zeroes on multiple choice tests! However what she lacks in intellectual capacity, she makes up with spunk, ridiculous audacity and abundant energy when it comes to what she wants. She has light brown hair styled in long twin tails. She frequently hangs out with her neighbour, childhood best friend and classmate Akuru, much to his annoyance. Her favourite food is bananas. She fails to realize when people are annoyed at her, often mistaking it as a person's desire to play or become her friend.
- Akuru Akutsu (阿久津 明 Akutsu Akuru) - Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita, Makoto Koichi (young)
- Akuru is a smart, reclusive and serious high school student who is constantly annoyed by Yoshiko's antics. The reason he and Yoshiko are classmates is because he chose to attend a local high school as the really academic schools were too far away for him to study properly. He scolds Yoshiko for her idiotic behaviour, even resorting to punches. He prefers to study, and does not have a girlfriend or any friends besides Yoshiko, although Sayaka agrees to be his friend out of pity, even though he has no desire to obtain more friends. A recurring gag is that he is never able to get a perfect score on any exam, always falling a few marks short.
- Sayaka Sumino (隅野 さやか Sumino Sayaka) - Voiced by: Sayaka Harada
- Akuru and Yoshiko's classmate who ends up becoming friends with the two. She has blond hair that goes over her shoulders and wears her school uniform with white knee socks. She too is level-headed and assumes the straight-man role, often moderating interactions between Yoshiko and others. She is kind and worries about being boring. She is very sensitive, especially when others point out her small chest, which appears slightly small, even after she pads it. She sometimes loses her patience.
- Fuki Iincho (風紀委員長 Fūki Iinchō, lit. "morals chairman", manga: Head Monitor, anime: Disciplinary Committee President) - Voiced by: Sumire Uesaka
- A high school upperclassman who is in charge of morals at the school. She has long dark hair. She cannot stand Yoshiko's idiocy. When Akuru starts complimenting her by accident, saying unintentionally princely things like "If (Yoshiko) gives you any more trouble let me know." and "She's a hundred times more attractive than (Yoshiko)", she develops a major crush on Akuru. She starts stalking him, and often has lewd fantasies about him. Yoshiko considers her a love rival because of her breast size. In many instances she tries to reach out to Akuru but her interactions give her a reputation of being just as weird, even though she is initially unaware of that, but with Sayaka's help she eventually discovers her true nature and tries to mend her ways but with little result. She is fairly smart academically, placing in the top 5 of her class, but later requests to repeat a grade so that she can be in the same school year as Akuru.
The manga was serialized in Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine starting on November 28, 2012. Starting with the July 2015 issue, Aho-Girl was moved to Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine. The manga ended serialization in December 2017, with 12 volumes in total. Kodansha Comics has licensed the manga series in English. The English manga cover presents the title as a dictionary definition.
An anime adaptation produced by Diomedéa aired under the title Aho-Girl: Clueless Girl from July 4, 2017 to September 19, 2017. Directed by Keizou Kusakawa and Shingo Tamaki, with Takashi Aoshima as the script writer, the anime series contained 12 episodes - each about 15 minutes long.
The opening theme is Template:OP and it is performed by Angela, released as a single on July 5, 2017.
The ending theme is Template:ED and it is performed by Sumire Uesaka - the voice actress for Fuki Iincho.
- Aho Girl on Weekly Shōnen Magazine
- Aho Girl manga on Kodansha USA
- Anime official website
- Official Twitter account